- How to improve the production efficiency of Linyi foam manufacturers
- Introduction of the strength of Linyi foam board
- How does the Linyi foam board manufacturer keep the foam board?
- Storage and usage of foam board
- Is the foam board toxic?
- What are the requirements for testing the physical and mechanical properties of foam?
- What are the performance characteristics of foam board?
- Application of foam packaging in different shape products
- What are the types of foam packaging?
- Linyi foam manufacturers introduce the application range of foam materials
当前位置： 首页 > 产品知识 Product knowledgeCurrent location: Home > Product knowledge
What are the classifications of foam boards?
Release time: 2018/11/6 17:33:05
What are the classifications of foam boards ? There are many types of foam boards, which can be divided into polyethylene foam boards, polyvinyl chloride foam boards, polypropylene, and ABS foam boards according to different types of raw materials; flexible foams, rigid foams, and semi-rigid foams according to hardness Plastics can also be classified into open-cell and closed-cell foam boards according to the cell type, so that the foam board has a wider range of applications.
1. According to the classification of raw materials, foam boards can be divided into polyethylene foam boards, polyvinyl chloride foam boards, polypropylene and ABS foam boards. Among them, polyethylene foam board is usually a soft material processed using butane or peroxide as a foaming agent, or a sheet composite formed by first making a thinner EPE sheet and then heat-sealing it. It is mainly used for Buffer packaging, sound insulation, heat insulation, etc .; PVC foam board is usually a plate-shaped profile that is formed by adding air or foamable substances to the PVC sheet formula and formed by a T-type head, which mainly foams its core layer. The foaming ratio is less than 15 times, which is mainly used for various types of architectural decoration; polypropylene and ABS foam boards have the same foaming principle as above, and are mainly used in automobiles, electrical appliances and other fields.
2. According to the hardness classification, it can be divided into three types: flexible foam, rigid foam and semi-rigid foam. Among them, the elastic modulus of flexible foam is less than 70 MPa, the elastic modulus of rigid foam is greater than 700 MPa, and the elastic modulus of semi-rigid foam is 70 to 700 MPa.
3. According to cell classification, there are open and closed cells. Open-cell cells generally only account for 5% to 10% of the total number of cells, that is, the closed-cell rate is 90% to 95%. This type of foam is called closed-cell rigid foam. Due to the obstruction of the pore wall during the sound diffusion and flow process, the closed-cell foam has poor sound absorption. In addition, closed-cell foam boards have lower dimensions than fully open-cell foam. The open-cell structure is caused by the rapid increase in temperature and pressure during the reaction, which damages the cell walls in the foam. The proportion of open-cell cells has a certain effect on the thermal conductivity, moisture permeability, and dimensional stability of the foam. Closed-cell foam boards are mostly used in construction, cold storage and other industries; open-cell foam boards are mostly used in tile shell production to reduce costs.
In short, there are many types of foam boards, and people can choose foam boards according to specific uses. Linyi Jinshun Foam is a Linyi foam board manufacturer . The foam board supplied has stable performance and a wide range of applications. People can choose according to their needs.